Master Your Home Brew with These Easy Methods
Are you a coffee lover who wants to start brewing from home, but don’t know where to start? We’ve got you.
These days, there are so many different ways to create the perfect cup of java at home. You don’t need to be a barista to achieve store-bought coffee perfection; honestly!
Not only will brewing from home save you tons of money, but it also means you can conveniently enjoy it whenever you like!
You will also earn yourself hosting brownie points by being able to serve fresh, flavoursome coffee to your friends and family, in the comfort of your own home.
These four easy at-home brewing methods are sure to start you off in the right direction.
The French Press
Considered to be one of the most romantic brewing methods, the French Press provides a sensory experience from start to finish.
As coffee grounds are steeped in hot water, the aromas of the grounds burst to life. The swirling grounds are seen clearly through the glass as you press the plunger down, making the anticipation of a fresh cup of coffee alluring.
What Makes the French Press so Popular?
- It’s portable and super easy to use
- You can make more than one cup at a time
- It typically produces a full-bodied, robust cup of coffee, but the flavour profile can be varied to individual tastes by altering grind and steeping time
- You can leave it unattended for 3-5 mins while the coffee brews
The Aeropress is relatively new in the coffee world compared to the likes of the French Press. It’s a piston-style brewer, distinctively known for looking like a giant syringe. It forces coffee through a thin paper filter directly into a cup.
The Aeropress’ capabilities are extensive; there is an Aeropress recipe for almost any style of coffee drink you could possibly want or need!
Why Should You Own an Aeropress?
- It’s incredibly versatile and easy to clean
- Even more portable than a French Press, and is popular among travellers
- You only have to make one cup at a time meaning no wasting precious coffee
- Known for its clean, but full-bodied flavour, with notes of sweetness.
- Produces the closest thing you’ll get to espresso-style coffee without the machine
- Offers a quick turnaround with brew time sitting around 1-3 mins
Automatic drip coffee pots are easily the least-romantic of your options for home brewing, but certainly one of the most convenient. The machine controls the entire brewing process from start to finish. All you have to do is add the grind, the water, and let the machine do the rest.
Drip coffee is the popular choice for offices, homes and restaurants, right around the world!
Things to Know About Drip Coffee
- Extremely easy for new coffee lovers to use as the machine controls the process
- Offers quick clean up
- You can make multiple cups at once, and leave the coffee to brew without worrying it will be overdone
- Produces a well-bodied but simple, smooth coffee flavour
Pour Over Coffee
Easily the most popular brewing method for experienced coffee connoisseurs, the pour over method allows complete control over the brewing process.
This method requires the brewer to manually pour the water over the coffee, ensuring even saturation of the grounds, which in turn provides control over the flavour extraction process.
What’s Great About Pour Over Coffee?
- The hands-on process allows full control, meaning you’ll end up with a more balanced coffee
- Flexibility to make one or multiple cups at once
- Flavour profile can be easily altered to suit individual tastes, but is most commonly known for a smooth, rounded flavour
- The unbeatable satisfaction of creating something incredibly delicious by hand
There you have it; four easy ways to make barista-quality coffee, for a fraction of the price and in the comfort of your own home! What more could you possibly want?
Well, we’d say that you’d like a monthly subscription to your favourite coffee beans so that you never run out. If you agree, head over to our Subscription Page to sign up!